Wednesday 15 July 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Anticipated Pre-orders for the Rest of the Year



This year, I've been focusing on reading all the books that I currently have on my bookshelf without adding too much to my ridiculously long TBR list. So this list was a little tricky to put together, because I only had two books on my mind that I wanted to pre-order. But after perusing my Goodreads books, I realised that I am looking forward to a few releases in the next few months, and thus, I managed to reach my top five.

5. Love and Always by Sophie Jackson

This is a short novella that follows the first book in the series, A Pound of Flesh. Essentially, this novella is a continuation of the story between Carter and Kat, focusing on the trials and tribulations they endure to maintain their relationship. I'm so excited for this novella, because I was absolutely obsessed with their story in A Pound of Flesh. So, so, so excited!

Release Date: 3 August 2015 // Goodreads

4. Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Who knows when this one will be released. No exact date has been given, and in all likelihood, it could be pushed back for whatever publishing reasons. I mean, it hasn't even got a cover yet. But nevertheless, I am excited for this book. The Lux series is one of my favourites, and though Daemon's point of view did annoy me in the main series, I am excited to see the beginning of the story from his POV.

Release Date: December 2015 // Goodreads

3. Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins

Although the tagline, "he's the boy your daddy warned you about," has me absolutely cringing from the sexism, I am so freaking excited about this book. A whole novel, from Kaidan Rowe's point of view! He's an insensitive, arrogant jerk, but goshdarn I love him unconditionally. I will likely re-read the series before diving into this one to refresh my memory before diving into the mind of Kaidan. I can't even deal.

Release Date: 8 September 2015 // Goodreads

2. Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

Over the last few weeks, I have become addicted to this comic book series. I was nervous about trying out this new reading format, but I came away thoroughly impressed and eager to try out new stuff. I have already read and loved the four volumes that have already been released, and I know this is one of those series I will avidly follow for as long as it is published.

Release Date: 6 October 2015 // Goodreads

1. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

At the time of writing this post, I have just finished Crown of Midnight, so I have no idea what to expect for the rest of the series, but I know I want to be a part of it. I am just so excited by the potential of this series, and how much it has entertained me so far. I am currently in the midst of an obsession with Celaena Sardothian, and I know she is going to be an idol of mine in young adult literature for many years to come.

Release Date: 1 September 2015 // Goodreads

Writing this post has now filled me with a special kind of frustration, which I'm sure you're all familiar with: the frustration that you cannot yet read the books you most want to read because they have not been published! I am now off to place my pre-orders... and perhaps purchase a few bonus ones along the way ;)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. I tend to participate only when the topic tickles my fancy and isn’t too difficult. Today was one of those occasions.

2 comments:

  1. Yes for Saga and Queen of Shadows :D
    I can't wait for those as well.

    My Top 5 Most Anticipated Pre-Orders for the rest of the year: https://booksatdawn.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/anticipated-pre-orders-top-5-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people enjoy Saga so I think I really should pick it up. That cover is great!

    ReplyDelete