Wednesday 17 June 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Books Read in One Sitting


Another week, another Wednesday, another top five list! This time around we're discussing our top five books that we read in one sitting... or close enough to one sitting :P All of the books that I have listed below were read within a day (twelve hours or so).

5. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

I remember reading this book within about five hours. It's only 200~ pages, and therefore a very quick read, but you don't miss out on anything. It was such a deep, beautiful, soul-wrenching story that I completely adored.

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Every year, I re-read The Hunger Games Trilogy around the time that the movies are released. And I am able to fly through a book per day, no worries. They're some of my all-time favourite books, and I'm proud that I can read them so quickly. It makes the story more approachable, knowing that it is always there, and that I can absorb the story again and again without having to dedicate a week or so to it.

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

Most recently, I read the first bind-up of Saga, and I absolutely adored it. It probably took no more than three, maybe four, hours for me to read this one, because it was just so freaking fantastic that I could not put it down for a minute.

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This is the first book that I remember reading within a day, and being so gosh-darn amazed with myself for managing to do that. I don't know of anyone who doesn't love this book. This book was written to be adored by everyone who reads it, because no one could possibly deny the love between St. Clair and Anna. <3 <3 <3

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1. Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth

I devoured this book as soon as I got my hands on it. Many people hated this book, but I'm one of the few who loved it. I loved being in Four's mind, seeing his side of things, witnessing his story. His childhood was heartbreaking, his determination inspiring, and his love for Tris overwhelming. It was definitely my favourite book in the series, and it only took me about three or four hours to fly through it.

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Let me know in the comments below what books you've read in one sitting!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. I tend to participate only when the topic tickles my fancy and isn’t too difficult. Today was one of those occasions. 

6 comments:

  1. Mockingjay almost made my list, but it took me 3 days to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first read it, I was a very slow reader, so it took me over a week to finish it! But as I read more and more books, I can now read it within a day! It's soooo good and I can't wait to see the final movie!!

      Delete
  2. I just read the Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight yesterday in one sitting! Anna and the French Kiss ALMOST made it on my list.
    Here's my list: http://millionbookmill.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-5-wednesday-book-i-read-in-one.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Statistical Probability is such a cute book! It felt like a movie the whole time I read it, which is why I think I was able to read it so quickly! Same goes for Anna and the French Kiss! Anything cutesy like that just hooks me from the get-go and I can't put them down :)

      Delete
  3. Saaaaga...
    I need to read it =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Read Saga! It is soooooo good!! It was the first graphic novel I've ever read, and it was so fantastic I just couldn't put it down. So excited to read the next few collections :)

      Delete